Mother fail is normal
Mother fail is reality, here are just some of mine
- Forgot to get my daughter Miss 15 an American Visa she was nearly sent home from her hockey tour.
- Nearly hit a man on his red moped yesterday in the city (sorry mate).
- No clean uniform for my kids some mornings
- No laundry done for 2 days
- My bedroom is a mess
- My bathroom is a mess
- Went to a meeting on child behaviour and some of the stuff they said made me cross
- Teacher’s small Easter gift is still sitting on my desk ( It is now July)
- Drink far too much coffee
- Sleep far too little
- Obsess about my new website & linking my blogs and articles
- Not responding to emails as fast as I’d like- get side tracked with Twitter & blogging & writing
- Getting a little grumpy with myself
- Not keeping in touch with my girlfriends
- Slept in my clothes last night (it did save time this morning though)
- Not had a daily walk
- Not drinking enough water
- Had takeaway 1 night
- Had reheated takeaway food for two night
- Haven’t brushed my teeth for longer than a minute (sure my timer is broken takes forever 2 minutes)
- My filing tray has not been filed its now spreading to the floor
- Its not even 1pm and I want a glass of bubbles
- Not keeping on top of my invoicing
Mother Fail has now changed to Great Mother
Yes, you heard! There is no Mother fail, we do what we can and continue, nothing has to be perfect for you to be OK.
If you can make your kids laugh then OK, is good enough.
Latest posts by Nathalie Brown (see all)
- Motherhood: Does anyone know this mother? - 05/03/2014
- Whoosh and it’s over - 20/12/2013
- Facebook Behaviour: To err is human but not on Facebook. - 09/12/2013