ProBlogger Event – I fell in love – fell over and fell asleep
Wow, wow, wow ProBlogger event came and whooshed past so very fast. Two days of continuous learning, talking, eating, driving, smiling, meeting, listening, laughing, hugging, kissing and copious amounts of coffee and chocolate. A world wind two days that I probably was not really up for emotionally or health wise, but I’m glad I went. Reinforcing my passion for blogging, connecting with like minded people and appreciating that although my writing and my words are not always grammatically correct or that of an experienced writer, I can still make a small difference, no matter the size of my audience, if they interact, visit and read, it is not about quantity, it is a connection – a real human connection.
ProBlogger Event I fell in love
- I fell in love with belly laughs all over again, the laughs that have whatever you are drinking gush out your nose -not an attractive look but great for the soul.
- I fell in love with Mrs Woogs who came over and sat with me and asked how I was doing – made my day.
- I fell in love with Rose Wintergreen who sang to me in the toilets and she wears Doc Martins with red roses.
- I fell in love with Chris Guillebeau who has a voice that melted me. Chris is so very softly spoken, that it demonstrates that Bloggers don’t have to be loud. A voice is a voice it’s not the volume but the words that are important.
- I fell in love with Anna Spargon -Ryan after she tweeted “I’m in Room 2, chill in’ with ma homies at the back of the room”. Anna manages to run lots of projects and her writing is so brilliant it makes me want cry, because I would love to write just 10% like she does.
- I fell in love with James Tuckerman and his vava voom and I learnt a new word ‘Gamification’
- I fell in love with the staff at Maha restaurant – the service was so very very good.
- I fell in love with Jasmine a key organiser alongside Darren of the ProBlogger event. Jasmine was full of poise, smiles and hugs. She was battling an extremely sore throat, not that you would know it -a true professional.
- I fell in love a little bit more with Mrs Ceeeceee who kept an eye out for my safety on walking back to my car with her tweets to ensure I had arrived in one piece.
- I fell in love with many I met and chatted too. I felt totally out of my depth and comfort zone on what I know about blogging, writing and managing a business but they made me feel OK ; for their honesty, the time they gave me, their advice and their passion Sophie from Big 4 Bellarine , Lorraine from The Remarkables Group and Valerie Khoo.
- I fell in love knowing that little things are just as important as big things.
ProBlogger Event I fell over
- I fell over at the first hurdle of waking up on time on both days – therefore being late to pick up the very patient Martine from The Modern Parent who helped me paint my broken nail in the car and gave me heaps of giggles throughout the event.
- I fell over on meeting published authors and personalities, where my sentences sounded like a five year old meeting their super hero at a fun park – It was awkwardness at it’s best.
- I fell over in starting conversations, losing my thread, promising to return back after getting a drink but getting caught up in meeting someone else. So apologies to those I said “I’ll be right back”. It wasn’t you, it was me getting totally distracted and slightly overwhelmed.
- I fell over chatting to a lovely lady as it took me 10 minutes to realise she thought she was speaking to Kerri Sackville. It was only when she mentioned how she loved my books and my Jewish background that I clicked.
- I fell over returning back into the city on time and kept the gorgeous Zoey from Goodgoogs and the divine Karen from Miscellaneuos Mum, waiting for me, it was a never ending series of “Oh my God what else can happen?”. I have no idea what their impression of me is now that they have seen my disorganisation and my total headless chicken act.
- I fell over in my ever over analysis of everything; what I overheard, what I saw out the corner of my eye and just keep thinking of the bigger picture -The bigger picture gives me the benefit of the doubt “I’m not in their shoes” and they are not in mine.
- I fell over heaps throughout the two days, like I said at the start the last two months have taken their toll on me.
ProBlogger Event I fell asleep
- How totally embarrassing I fell asleep as the social media, TV star, author and inspiring all rounder Sarah Wilson spoke at the closing ofProBlogger. If that’s not bad enough Iwas sitting directly in front of Sarah in the front row. I did manage to tweet how awesome she was before dropping off. I would be mortified as a speaker if I looked over and saw someone sleeping during my speech. Sarah I apologise profusely. The only thing I can say is exhaustion decided to take hold that very moment, the previous day I had to leave the conference to donate what felt like vast amounts of blood for my imminent surgery (Hip replacement). Sarah spoke about auto immune disease (You see I was awake for some of the talk) and I do have an auto immune disease. Guillain Barre syndrome paralysed me 16 years ago it now plays havoc with my nervous system in that I can only feel extreme pain. When the pain comes one of two things happens I either faint or shut down temporarily, I shut down as you spoke both from pain and tiredness.
- I had the opportunity to speak to Sarah as we ended up in the lift together all I managed was a dodgy smile.
- Returning home I slept for nearly eleven hours, for someone who sleeps anything from 3 to 5 hours a night – the Problogger event I thank you for the best nights sleep in 4 years.
Photo courtesy of Mrs Woogs. Sleeping next to the delightful Carly Jacobs of Smaggle
ProBlogger Event The End and New Beginnings
The ProBlogger event has enabled me to close some chapters I was not sure about, chiefly the “Am I blogger if I don’t blog all the time?” – Well yes, I am as long as I keep communicating and relating to my readers. The new beginnings of not being afraid of who I am, size does not matter says Darren and he is so very spot on.
What did you take way from the ProBlogger event?
Latest posts by Nathalie Brown (see all)
- Easy Peasy Cereal Box Bookmarks - November 24, 2014
- Cool things for Kids plus $125 and discount code - November 19, 2014
- Battroborg Warrior and Battroborg Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Giveaway - November 2, 2014