ProBlogger Event 11 Easy Peasy Tips
Just over a year ago I attended my first ever Blogging Event, where I fumbled, felt out of my comfort zone and winged my way through, since then I have attended a few more blogging events where I still fumble, feel out of my comfort zone and wing my way through. This is the
wisdom I share stuff I have learnt.
- There are LOTS of people going, many of us will feel overwhelmed, it’s OK to feel overwhelmed, excited and anxious. I am all three.
- It can be difficult recalling and matching faces to names and blogs. I try to remember a name whilst instantly my brain seems to obliterate it, if you lose my eye contact, I’m just reading your name badge again. You can break eye contact and read the name badge.
- Do not try and write, type, note down every single thing a speaker says (unless you really want to). Enjoy the moment, tweet a little and listen. The whole event is taped . At Least 50% of bloggers will blog about it.
- If you see someone on their own, say hi or give them a smile.
- You can mix with Bloggers outside your niche.
- Remember to give out your contact card if you have one.
- Take lots of photos, great if you want to blog about the event, Instagram or tweet.
- If you are going to Tweet, Facebook, Instagram or publish the photo to a social media site, I think it’s polite to check with the person you have your photo taken with, some bloggers like to remain anon. Me I just like to check the photo first, spinach in teeth, eyes half closed etc…
- It is impossible to have very long conversations, with so many bloggers there. Sometimes a hi, a hug and an exchange of details is all you have time for.
- Darren Rowse is wearing a dress and wig on the Saturday to raise money in helping send some girls to school in Sierra Leone where the girls sadly have a higher chance of being sexually assaulted than attending school! Details here
- Enjoy the day, breath, laugh, learn and eat chocolate.